As I've been making the rounds today, I've noticed quite a few contests and giveaways going around the blogosphere. Since those chocolates I "gave" you in my last post didn't seem like enough, here are the links to some grooovy upcoming contests and give aways.
Agent Judged Competitions
1) June 25th: Ruth Lauren Steven and Michelle Krys are hosting an agent judged competition. 30 pitches will be accepted and looked over by 10 agents over the course of one week. All you need to do is enter a polished query letter and the first 500 words of your completed manuscript. Both adult and YA will be accepted. Follow Ruth and Michelle's blogs for more info.
2) June 29th: Daisy Carter is hosting a pitch contest with literary agent Tricia Lawrence. Query and first 250 words of a completed YA manuscript are required.
1) June 24: Elana Johnson is giving away a signed copy of
The Limit by Kristen Landon
Variant by Rob Wells
The Drowned Cities by Paolo Bacigalupi
2) Casey McCormick at Literary Rambles is giving away
June 19: Indie Author Giveaway
June 23: Like Clockwork by Elle Strauss
June 23: Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
June 23: Both Surrender and Regret by Elana Johnson
June 30: One for the Murphys by Lynda Mullaly Hunt
3) June 19: Rachele Alpine is giving away Butter by Jade Lange
4) June 24: Cynthia Leitich Smith is giving away It's Our Prom (So Deal With It) by Julie Anne Peters
Have fun and good luck!
<3 Gina Blechman
P.s. And though it isn't necessary, I would greatly appreciate it if you'd follow me. Who knows what other contests I'll be posting about next. Stay informed!
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Monday, June 18, 2012
I'm baaaaack! Guess who's excited? (ME! ...And hopefully you!) Life has been one busy thing after another, and the suffering that my blog has endured is not okay. First my lack of blogging was due to being abroad in Italy for the semester. Then, it was trying to catch up with everyone. Then, it was taking a double course overload during the Spring semester.
Point is: There's always SOMETHING. Big or small, internal or external, life happens. And what happens isn't always bad. However, what I've been realizing lately is that despite all the accomplishments, pitfalls, and other miscellaneous things in my life, I miss the buzz, the excitement, the everything of editing my manuscript regularly, blogging regularly, and reading like a fiend (so that I can post reviews for you!) Therefore, I have returned from the dead and am working on a Summer to-read-and-review list and fixing up a blogging and manuscript editing schedule.
And fellow bloggers, those chocolates over there? (Look to your left. See 'em?) Those are for you. My life wasn't quite the same without you folks.