Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Have Your Query, Synopsis, or Manuscript Featured & Critiqued on My Blog

Now that I've officially started sending out queries, I  have come to understand the slight psychosis that is manuscript editing and synopsis and query writing. If you saw my Synopsis Tips or my Manuscript Editing Checklist, you already know how much effort I've put into the whole process. Well, now that the hardest pre-agent part is over, I want to help make the process a bit easier for all of you.

I will now be featuring queries, and segments of manuscripts and synopsese (no longer than 1 page), on my blog every monday and will then give critiques and advice on my blog on tuesday. This will
a) Help you have the best manuscript/synopsis/query you can
b) Help others learn from your triumphs and mistakes
c) Help you get your stuff seen by other bloggers

How to get your work featured:
E-mail ginablechman@gmail.com with what you want featured and "for blog" in the subject line. Please send your work in an attachment that I can open in Microsoft Word.

Also, PLEASE, ask at least one friend (or more if you think they'll benefit, which, hey, why wouldn't they? My blog is AWESOME) to follow my blog. I know that I can't check that you've done this, so I'm trusting that you'll do the right thing.

So, let's get at it people. The sooner you get started, the sooner you can be featured on my blog!

<3 Gina Blechman

7 comments:

  1. What an awesome opportunity, Gina! These are always great to learn from. I'll post on this on tomorrow's post. I read thru your checklist for editing and it's spot on! Great advice there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can haz Tweeted you, coz I's cool like that. (I was going to go with "dat" but I just couldn't bring myself to do it :P).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this fantastic opportunity to get feedback on our work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is such a wonderful opportunity for those who can use the help!! I will check them out as they are posted and also checked out your other tips. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, very cool! I've had a few queries featured over on Evil Editor, and one of them I recently rewrote in time to send out to an agent who had requested pages. But the query was a rush job, as was the editing of my first 5 pages...and I'm now scared to submit that query for critique because I have no doubt it'll be ripped to shreds, and that will put me in the unsavoury POV of the agent I sent it to. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea. I'll have to send something once I have something ready to be read. Good luck and I look forward to seeing what others come up with--I can learn from them.

    ReplyDelete