Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Hello Blog World!

Hello blog world! I know that you don't know me very well, but my name is Gina Blechman. I am a college student, psychology major, budding novelist, musician, and now, with the birth of this very post, blogger. Like many college students, I am fueled by a mix of knowledge, perserverence, chocolate, junk food, and the large variety of loose tea that's currently in my closet. (ok, maybe the last part's not so universal....and I certainly hope that there isn't a worlds worth of college students snooping around my closet.)

 This blog begins a new project and journey for me. I have recently finished writing a novel that I will soon be trying to get published, and have decided that it's time to get (even more) serious about my writing. With this blog, I am putting myself out there. I will be writing everyday in hopes of improving my skills and maybe catching the interest of some of you out in blog world. I will also be researching more on the publishing process and updating you, blog world, on what I find.

Now, because I don't want to leave you hanging, and becuase I don't want to introduce TOO much to you on this very first day, I will leave you with one last thing, the back cover story to my novel.

“See. Speak. Hear.
KNOW EVIL.”

When Jade arrives at Sunny View Estates, it is clear that her mission will be far harder than she had first perceived. The small community—one of the last societies on earth—is full of rules and restrictions, so constraining that it is a wonder how any of the people have survived. Their minds and bodies have been severely altered with the intention of preventing the independence that could lead one to start another nuclear war.
Getting into the community is an ordeal, but with the help of Peter and Brigid Lawrence, the only two subjects on which the brainwashing had failed, the task becomes a bit easier. Jade takes refuge with the Lawrence family and eventually becomes a part of it, herself. By her mere presence as an outsider, Jade leads those she comes in contact with into a new way of thinking, an event that Peter later names “synesthesis.”
Those who join Jade’s rebellion are faced not only with the task of changing their society, but with facing the endless questions, answers, and unexplored emotions that Sunny View has taught them to ignore. If they do not act, the future of the world will be as dim and lifeless as the present.
The question is: can Jade and Peter make their mission the mission of the rest of the society? Is there something within each of us that causes us to fight back?
So, bloggers, that's all I've got for today. Thank you for providing such a lovely place for my first time. I hope it was as good for you as it was for me. ;-)

2 comments: