Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

End Violence Against Women....and while you're at it, find out more about my novel

I just want to thank all of my amazing blog followers for paying attention to my blog. I'm sorry that my blog today will be short, but that is because I have spent the entire day in classes, entertaining my mother who has coming to visit, or being part of the Vagina Monologues.

The Vagina Monologues, for those who do not know, is a play constructed from a string of monologues, each told by different actors. The Monologues were collected and created by Eve Ensler and are based on the true stories of women from around the world. Some monologues are funny and some are serious, but all are about women's experiences with their vaginas. The goal of the Vagina Monologues is to counteract female genital mutilation, rape, and all types of abuse against women. I bring this up here, because the message that it spreads is one that all should hear.
Go to http://www.vday.org/home to learn more about the global movement to end violence against women.

Also, a brief sidenote, if you're interested in learning more about my latest novel, feel free to check out my "My Novel: Synesthesis" tab. Currently, the tab only features the back cover page, but it will certainly contain more fun facts, tid bits, and frustrations as time goes on.

<3 Gina Blechman

6 comments:

  1. Hey crusader

    Just read the back of your book,

    looks really interesting and different :-)
    can't wait to see the finished product!

    best of luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in your endeavors Gina!! Sounds like you've found something you're passionate about and I have no doubt that will filter into your writing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa Gina! Your novel seems awesome! If you're looking for beta readers when you finish, I'd be more than happy to help. ;D

    And why on earth would anyone want to beat up a girl? We radiate awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched the Vagina Monologues a few years ago. It was interesting...I'd never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your novel sounds like a very intriguing story!

    Thanks for the link to the site--I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete