Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

About Me!

Now that I'm getting more followers (mwahaha), I decided I should let you all get a better idea of exactly what you're getting in to. Who is this strange woman whose blog you're following? Well, now you'll know!

What I write: In addition to writing novels, I also write poetry, lyrics, music (for guitar and occassionally piano), and short stories. The genre of the novel I finished months ago and am now deeply editing and soon, hopefully, agenting is dystopian young adult fiction, with an intended audience of 13-20 year olds. The novel that I've recently started that I work on in my spare time, (or, the little of it that I do have, anymore), is lesbian/bisexual romantic realistic fiction, geared towards an adult audience. *Please don't confuse this for erotica, however. People jump to that conclusion entirely too much.*

All of my writing is very character-centric. I believe that the plot should be as much about the characters and their journeys as it is the actual events. Their as much journeys into the human psyche as they are novels.

What I do: I'm a freshman in college. A psychology major and a creative Writing minor. When I'm not in class or doing writing related activities, I'm singing, playing guitar, watching lots of movies (particularly dramas and indie, foreign, and glbt films) or watching way too much television.

Who I am: A writer, lover, dreamer, hopeless romantic, friend, comic, musician, free spirit, flower child, wiccan, baker, and many more things too amorphous for standard titles.

This blog: This blog is pretty much what it says it is. It's bits and pieces of all of the above. I try to alternate between posting short stories and poems/lyrics and rants/questions/opinions so that you'll have something different every day. If there's something you'd like me to talk about...let me know! I'm also working on reading a dystopian novel every week. As I finish those, there will be weekly critiques on here to let you know what I think.

Thank you for following me! Have a lovely day!

Love and cookies,
Gina Blechman

9 comments:

  1. hiya fellow Crusade group blogger!

    Just saying hello. I believe we are in the same crusade group. HAve popped links to all the groups pages up on my site. Hope we can all help each other with blogging/writing.

    See you around :-)

    Constance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, fellow crusader! Nice to meet you. I see we're in the same group and I look forward to talking YA and dystopia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to learn about you and 'meet' you. Excited to hear about all your dystopianness and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there fellow Crusader. I saw that we got put in the same group and can't wait to learn all about your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I certainly agree with you on how the character's motivations should drive the plot. I love to play the piano, but I wish I knew guitar. And I write poetry a lot, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a member of your Crusade group, stopping by to say hi!

    I'm glad you shared this post so that I could get to know you and your blog. I'm impressed that you're able to do such a variety of writing - musuic, novels, poetry...that's awesome!

    See you around!

    Erin @ Quitting My Day Job

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Crusader...just dropping in your blog. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello fellow New Adult Crusader! Glad to have you aboard :D

    ReplyDelete